Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Here comes the sun

In the immortal words of Paul, Ringo, John & George - 'Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter, little darling, it feels like years since it's been here".

And having survived 2 long winters, I became myself, like the dudes who made this song, a sun fan! I just love the sun. And this weekend was practically the sunniest weekend we had in months. The skies were so blue (partly due to the European airspace closure) that it would be a sin not to go out.

If the sun would have had a facebook fan page, everyone would have 'Liked' it, (I just checked - it actually does). And it would this weekend one of twitter's trending topic and would have kicked Justin Bieber's ass. However, as on everything, not everyone loves the sun.

I spent Saturday afternoon at the Woluwe Park, one of Brussels most beautiful park. And Sunday, I spent the entire afternoon on Brussels second most beautiful park, our garden. Everyone was outside, except my flatmate Simon, who spent his entire weekend at home. I already sent him an invite to the I hate the sun facebook fanpage.

dscf5305.jpg

And thanks to the sun, I manage to keep myself away from unproductive things like the internet. Aside from being with my friends, I was also with my new girlfriend - Lisbeth Salander. We spent so much time together. She kept me excited, and I can't deny that this weekend wouldn't be as fun without her.

The weekend like this should come more often. But as this is Belgium, I think it won't be the case. Ho-hum. And yes, tomorrow it's already going to be cloudy.

While we're at it. Make sure you read this article as well.

No comments: