Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Machiavelli

I'm now into Machiavelli. Machiavelli is a political thinker during the 16th century. Basically he believed the power of state over morality. Justice over morality kung baga. You can do anything even if it is cruel as long as it is for the good of the state. Bale, the end justifies the means.


Anyway, I had expressed my Machiavellian look into life earlier. I was on the bus going home from SM to our stop. Here's the story. As I paid the conductor the fare, he charged me 10 instead of 9 pesos which was the usual fare.


CONDUCTOR gave me a 10 pesos ticket, and gave me P10 as change for my P20.

JERICK: Excuse me, di ba manong, nine pesos lang ang fare.
MANONG: hindi matagal ng 10 pesos yan
JERICK: (with a loud voice) Lagi akong sumasakay ng route na ito so alam ko na nine pesos.
MANONG: Baka nagkamali yun ibang mga driver sa pagsingil sa iyo.
JERICK: (almost shouting) Goddamn, STUPID! Baka ikaw yun mali, I had been paying 9 pesos for almost 6 months and this is the first time na chinarge ako ng ganyan.

So there it is, the conductor surrendered and gave me an extra 1 peso. It's not that I need the 1 peso or anything but I just to point out justice. He's obviously thinking that I might not come from here, so he'll charge me an extra. MALAS SIYA, NATAPAT SIYA SA AKIN! (Ewan ko, I learned that from UP, to stand up for myself) I just want to show him that he should not be treating their customers like that! I just want to serve justice di ba. I don't mean to make him be embarassed, I just want to correct that and teach him a lesson.


CURRENT SONG: Karma by Alicia Keys

No comments: